Wednesday, September 26, 2012

School’s Out (Part 1) {A Piece of Fiction}



School had just started. It was August. And it was hot. Come to think of it, so was I.

It started fairly innocently. I got a call from my child's school, inviting me to Parent's Open House. When I answered the call, nothing had prepared me for the voice on the other end of the phone. It was a deep, rich baritone; so deep that I felt the vibration of his vocal chords in my chest. I almost missed the reason for the call, I was so captivated by that voice. So captivated that it invaded my dreams.

Open House night came; I met with my child's teacher for about half an hour. We stopped near the entryway and talked for a few minutes as she was walking me out. That's when I saw him. I wasn't sure who he was; a teacher perhaps. He was coming down the hall towards us, shaking hands and greeting parents and visitors. When he got to us, he stopped, and his eyes met mine. Did he just give me a very appreciative once-over? Did I just give him one? Did anyone else notice?

He smiled and extended his hand; I took it. Please tell me I didn't literally jumped when he grasped my hand? Because I know I felt a jolt of electricity shoot through me the second his hand touched mine.

We made our introductions; turns out, he's my child's principal. Wow. Everything about this man was electric; he was sooo smooth! I guess he was about 5'7"; slender build, immaculately groomed, and sexy as hell! He kept his smile and his gaze fixed on me. We talked briefly; I let him know that I was available any time if the school needed me (or you, I thought to myself). As I prepared to leave (very reluctantly), he grasped my hand in both of his, and said, "I'll be calling you." Damn! That voice...

No comments: